We are very pleased to report R-value improvements on all of our 1 3/4″ and 2″ thick polyurethane products. Recently these doors were retested and the old and new values are listed below:
– 2″ thick = 18.4
– 1 3/4″ thick = 16.2
– 1 3/8″ thick = 12.9
– Canyon Ridge = 20.4
Doors sections were tested at an independent accredited testing laboratory and the R-values were calculated according to DASMA Technical Data Sheet #163.
Price pages, literature, displays, merchandising and online information are being updated to reflect these new R-values.
Introduction of Specialty Design Engineered Doors
Clopay is pleased to announce a complete line of specialty design engineered doors for unique applications. This new product line is divided into several categories of products including fourfold doors, hangar doors, and design engineered doors. All doors are specifically designed for the opening and the particular application. They are built for durability, ease of maintenance, aesthetic appeal, and functionality.
Fourfold – Fourfold doors are designed to open smoothly and quickly. They can be designed to open at a rate of 2′ per second, and have the added value of being able to view the entire opening process while inside the structure. Fourfold door systems are a complete solution combining low maintenance costs and long service with high cycle operation. Applications include commercial, industrial, public works, parking and security applications (sally ports). Panels fold completely clear of the opening allowing full, unobstructed access. A lighter version of this door is available in 14 x 14 and 12 x 14 size.
Hangar doors – A variety of configurations is available for hangar applications including tiltup, bi-fold, sliding, and telescoping doors. Just like all of the other products in this line, the door is designed to fit the size and aesthetic requirements of the building owner.
Design Engineered Doors – could be fire rated products, wind rated products, products to allow crane operation both inside and outside the building or even doors that have been manufactured to close a round atrium. The list goes on.
Clopay is relocating our wood door manufacturing and finishing operations from Auburn, Washington to Russia, Ohio. This change will centralize customer service in our Troy manufacturing hub, reduce manufacturing lead times to all of our customers located east of the Rockies and allow us to expand our wood product offering going forward.
We will begin moving equipment on January 25, 2013, during the slowest period of the year to minimize service disruptions. Production will resume on February 25, 2013.
Wood door orders must be placed by January 4, 2013 to guarantee delivery before the move.
We will continue to quote and take orders during the transition; however, the doors will not be produced until we resume operations on February 25. Customer service will keep you informed on the shipping dates for orders placed during this time.
Black oval windows
A popular look in commercial sectional doors is black oval shaped windows. Clopay has expanded our commercial window offering to include a black window with rounded corners. Like our current commercial windows, the new window is made of a polypropylene frame. It will be offered only in the polyurethane product line and apples to the following Clopay brand models: 3715, 3717, 3718, 3720, and 3722.
The window frame is approximately 26″x13″. Glazing options include 1/8″ acrylic double pane or 1/8″ Lexan double pane. Acrylic material is standard, Lexan material will require a 2 week lead time.
A dimensional rendering and image of the frame are below for reference.
Simple Control From Anywhere:
A first ever in garage door openers, the new LiftMaster Elite Series model 8550 DC Battery Backup Belt Drive is built with MyQ technology, a patented two-way communication system. Smarter on the inside and designed to do more, pair it with other MyQ-enabled accessories to monitor and control your garage door, gate, and house lights from anywhere in the world via your Internet-enabled mobile phone or computer.
Our exclusive Security+2.0 technology found in the LiftMaster garage door opener remote controls, provides extra piece of mind for you and your family. This rolling code technology assures a new code with every use making it virtually impossible for anyone to steal your remote control signal.
Designed for how you live, LiftMaster technology puts you in control.
Smart Control Panel
1. Turns opener lights on automatically when you enter the garage.
2. Intuitive menu-driven panel displays time, temperature, and diagnostic information.
3. Set up Timer-to-Close to automatically close the garage door in 1, 5, or 10 minutes. Also has a custom setting from 1-99 minutes.
4. Keep your garage access system in peak working order with the Maintenance Alert System.
3-Button Elite MAX Remote Control
1. Controls up to three garage door openers, commercial door operators or MyQ-enabled light accessories.
2. Sleek design includes backlit buttons for night operation.
3. Multi-frequency Security+2.0 virtually eliminates interference.
4. Compatible with all garage door openers manufactured by LiftMaster since 1993.
This Garage Door Opener Is In A Class Of Its Own
1. Get in your garage every time, even when the power is out. The Battery Backup System ensures your garage door opener, as well as the safety and security features, will continue to work.
2. Timer-to-Close feature allows the door to automatically close after pre-programmed number of minutes.
3. Energy-effecient operation consumes up to 75% less power in stand-by mode.
4. Powerful DC motor belt drive system is durable, ultra-quiet and maintenance-free.
5. Whole-garage lighting with dual-side 100-watt incandescent or CFL equivalent bulbs.
6. Liftetime motor and belt warranty.
7. 5-year parts warranty.
8. 1-year warranty on Battery Backup battery.
New Commercial Idea Brochure
Clopay commercial is please to announce the introduction of a new literature piece, the Commercial Idea brochure. This 12-page brochure is designed to provide customers with an overview of all Clopay commercial products. It features an overview of each major product category along with available option and accessories. A high level selection chart comparing the various product types has been incorporated into the piece to give a visual quick comparison of products.
An electronic version of the brochure may be found at Clopay’s website: Commercial Product Brochures
WindCode Polyurethane Introduction and WindCode Updates
We are excited to announce the introduction of WindCode to the Clopay Premium Series and Gallery Collection polyurethane insulated steel doors. These doors are available to order immediately.
Premium Series Available Models:
1. 9200, 9201, and 9203
2. 9130, 9131, and 9133
Note: Flush Models 9202 and 9132 do not qualify due to their 24″ section heights.
Gallery Collection Available Models:
1. GD2SU, GD2LU
2. GD1SU, GD1LU
Benefits and Specifications:
– W6 and W8 doors over 9’0″ wide must be 2″ wider than the door opening and require double end stiles.
– W6 and W8 solid doors are impact resistant for the Premium Series models.
– Door heights are available up to 16’0″.
– Impact Windows are not yet available for the Premium Series Models.
New – Clopay Commercial Model 3730.
The 3730 features an R-value of 22.2, calculated in accordance with DASMA TDS-163, and is ideal for cold storage and other temperature-sensitive climates.
The new Model 3730 features:
1. 27 gauge exterior skin, 28 gauge interior skin, stucco embossed with minor ribbing
2. White or brown exterior factory finish
3. 14 ga. hinges, commercial 10-ball steel rollers, 10,000 cycle torsion springs
4. 4-3/4″ EPDM rubber astragal
5. All metal components of the exterior and interior skin of the door section are separated to form a thermal break
6. Sections are provided with continuous, closed cell, foam tape to ensure weather resistant performance
Doors are available in heights from 6’0″ to 26’0″ in 3″ increments (except the following sizes: 6’3″, 6’6″, 6’9″, 8’3″, 8’6″ or 10’3″) and widths from 6’0″ to 14’2″ in 2″ increments. In addition, 24″ x 8″ or 24″ x 12″ by 1″ thick triple pane insulated windows are available.
An aluminum astragal retainer has been designed for use with Clopay’s Reserve Collection, Limited Edition Series and Custom wood doors. This new retainer, when combined with the new rubber astragal, creates an alternative to the standard black hard rubber nail-on astragal. This new option is available to order October 15, 2012.
Benefits and Specifications
*Available on Clopay’s Reserve Collection, Limited Edition Series and Custom Wood
1. Limited Edition Series Model CRD
2. Custom Wood Model CR800
*Available in the following lengths:
Clopay has received the Gold Innovation Award from ‘Home Builder Executive’ magazine. This top award recognizes Clopay as the leading innovator in the Garage Door products category. ‘Home Builder Executive’ annouced award winners in its “2012 Innovation Awards” issue, published in August.
Specifically, Clopay was recognized for adding a 2-inch polyurethane option to the Coachman Collection which doubled the thermal performance and provided an R-value of 18.4. Clopay
also introduced the Canyon Ridge Collection Ultra-Grain Series of faux wood, 2-inch polyurethane-insulated, three-layer (plus overlay) steel base doors.
Whether you’re looking for a Clopay garage door,
Tried and true,
Or looking for something totally new,
Try Dixie Door.. Your neighbors do!